Posts for tag: Dentures
How dentures from your dentist in Landover, Maryland can make you smile again
Have you stopped smiling because of missing teeth? You deserve a great smile, and now you can have it. If you’ve been thinking about dentures, but are afraid they might look unnatural, it’s time to investigate how today’s dentures can restore your smile. Modern denture materials are lifelike, comfortable, give you back your ability to eat the foods you love, and look great too! Read below to learn the facts about dentures, and if you are interested in acquiring a pair, call Dr. Nekia Staley-Neither at Special Care Dentistry. She has two convenient office locations in Landover and Suitland, Maryland to serve your dental needs.
Why consider dentures?
If you have badly damaged teeth that are causing you pain and you want an affordable option to restore your smile, dentures can help. You can restore your self-esteem and get the self-confidence that having a great smile provides.
Dentures also help you chew your food, aiding your digestion and helping you stay healthy. You will enjoy eating moreso knowing that your dentures are secure and functioning well. When you are considering a denture, there are several options to think about:
- Immediate Denture: Delivered right after your teeth are extracted, immediate dentures provide the benefit of you never having to go without your smile. After you have healed completely, a conventional denture will be made for you.
- Conventional Denture: Made after your tissue has healed completely from extractions, which usually takes 6 to 8 weeks. The benefit to conventional dentures is that you don't have to get used to two different dentures.
- Overdenture: Snapped on top of implants or root tips, overdentures are beneficial because they help to conserve and maintain bone.
If you only need to replace a few missing teeth, a removable partial is the choice to make. You can choose from:
- Transitional Partial Denture: If you are considering implants later on, transitional partial dentures are less expensive and are meant as a temporary solution.
- Conventional Partial Denture: If you don’t want implants, conventional partials are sturdy and built to last.
Consider dentures to restore your smile and enhance your life. To find out more about dentures and additional tooth replacement options, call Dr. Nekia Staley-Neither at Special Care Dentistry with offices in Landover, and Suitland, Maryland. Call now!